Q. I forgot the password to my Hotmail Live account and I don’t have the same phone number as I did when I set it up. What should I do to regain my Hotmail account?
If you forget your Hotmail password, then it is not necessary to create the new one email account. You can recover the password of your Hotmail account easily and also set a new password as well. Even if your account is blocked then also you can recover your account. If you forget your password, then there are some ways by which you can recover Hotmail password with a few easy and simple steps.
Today we are here with the same topic, that is how to reset a password of your outlook account or Hotmail account with step by step procedure. So if you are looking for the solution, do not go anywhere, read this article and find the solution. Keep in mind that the methods given here are work for outlook and Hotmail email account only.
Methods to Recover Lost or Forgotten Hotmail Password
- Open the outlook email page from the following link: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
- Now click on the sign in option from the upper right corner.
- Enter your email address and click next.
- You can see a box entitled with ‘enter the password,’ and below it, you can see a title forgot my password.
- Click on it, and it will ask you to enter your email account.
- Enter it and click on next.
- Now, they will ask you to send the security code for account confirmation.
- If you have your register mobile number with you, then click on it otherwise select the second option.
- If you have chosen the first option, then they will send you a verification number on your mobile. You have to enter it on the page. And if you choose the second option, then they will ask you to provide a contact email address.
- Once you gave it, you have to fill the captcha code in the form of character.
- Click on next.
- They will send security code of four digits on the provided email. So open that email account and paste the code on outlook page and click on verify.
- As you click on verify, it will take you to a new page where you have to enter some of your details like the first name, last name, birthdate, country, state, and postal code.
- Now you have to enter your previous password and answer a few questions.
- After filling the right information, you have to answer some of the email address, on which you have sent emails.
- Now, enter your Skype name if any, email address for skype and any three contact name and click on next.
- After answering a few more questions, they will send the recovery mail on your secondary email. Open it and find the link. The Email takes up to 24 hours.
Method 2: Via app on mobile
- Download the official app of outlook form the play store or app store.
- Tap on the icon and click on get started.
- Now, add your outlook email address.
- When you click on next, you have to enter your password but as you forgot it, click on the ‘forgotten my password.’
- Here you have to enter your Microsoft account details in the given space and then click on next.
- Now, choose the first option with your mobile number and enter the last four digits of your mobile number.
- If the last four digits of the mobile number match to the number you have enter, then they will send a code on your mobile.
- Enter the code from the message box, and they will provide you a box to reset the password.
- Enter the new password in the first box and retype the same password in the second box.
- Click on next, and it will show the message that your password recover successfully.
- Now, enter the new password to log in.
It is all about how to reset the password of your Hotmail or outlook account. There are two methods to reset the password of your Microsoft email account, and the third way is to open the app on your pc or laptop and in the same way reset the password, but we have not dictated it with each step as the process is same like method 1. In case of any doubts, use the comment box as it is only for you. Thank you!